Thursday, December 10, 2009

Last Christmas..

Today, I was thinking back to last christmas, Husband and I had only been married for about a month. It seems like a year went by so quickly, and many great experiences were shared.

Last year, I couldn't help getting a bit teary-eyed when we exchanged gifts. I gave him a book of poems by Pablo Neruda. He gave me a mirror with day of the dead images around the borders. When I turned the mirror around, I found a poem attached to the back of it:

Here I love you
in the dark pines the wind disentangles itself
the moon glows like phosphorus on the vagrant waters
Days, all one kind, go chasing each other

The moon turns its clock work dream.

The biggest stars look at me with your eyes,
And as I love you, the pines in the wind
want to sing your name with their leaves of wire.


::::::excerpts from "Here I Love You" by Pablo Neruda

No comments:

Post a Comment