Monday, June 28, 2010

FOOD!!!

This weekend my sister and I visited our friend in Austin. I love going there for the feeling of being outdoors, the healthy food and the great little shops... While there, we had the yummiest smoothie I've had in a while at www.dailyjuice.org. I had the Maya Papaya, it has papaya, banana, fresh pineapple, lime, raw agave nectar, and Himalyan salt. It was so refreshing, especially after spending an afternoon at Deep Eddy Pool, www.deepeddy.org , where I was able to relax, take in some soon and cool off in the pool.

Another favorite is Mothers Cafe & Garden, www.motherscafeaustin.com , where I had Huevos Motulenos, Two eggs or crumbled non-GMO tofu over corn chalupa shells layered with black beans, ranchero sauce and jack cheese. Topped with sautéed seasoned non-GMO tofu, and green peas $7.95

Oh and I can't forget Red House Pizza, www.redhousepizza.com , where for some reason we decided to share two, 16' pizzas between the three of us, along with some calamari...

I wish I had photos to share but unfortunately I didn't snap any of our delicious food. My little weekend getway is just what I needed before heading in to my 3rd trimester! I have a great husband for being totally cool with hanging out with our little chicken while I was away. He even had the baby chickens crib assembled when I arrived home, both beds made and grilled steak I had been craving <3 perfection!



No comments:

Post a Comment